Both medical and dental malpractice cases in Kansas can arise as the result of a negligent doctor or surgeon. If a medical professional makes an error, prescribes the wrong medication to a patient, makes an incorrect diagnosis, or takes any other sort of action that results in illness or injury to a patient, they may be held accountable for the pain and suffering of the victim.
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, errors such as those above end up being fatal for more than 200,000 patients across the country. If your client was the victim of medical malpractice, it is essential that you seek out the help of medical malpractice expert witnesses and case evaluation services as soon as possible.
Many medical malpractice or dental malpractice cases in Topeka, Kansas and the surrounding areas can involve a number of errors on the part of a medical professional, such as:
- Errors during surgery
- Incorrect or a delayed diagnosis
- Incorrect or delayed course of treatment
- Prescription medication mistakes
- Birth injuries
- Other types of serious injuries or errors
Unfortunately, dental and medical errors are common among health care providers in the state of Kansas. With several densely populated cities like Topeka, Wichita, and Kansas City, and poor per capita public health funding, it is no wonder that cases of medical negligence do occur. Here are some interesting statistics about healthcare in the state of Kansas:
- 30% of the adult population of Kansas is obese.
- 59.9% of all hospitalizations in the state are preventable.
- 12.4% of residents have no health insurance.
- There is only an average of $50 in public health funding per person, per year.
JD.MD can provide Kansas malpractice lawyers and their clients with expert case evaluations to help you determine if you do indeed have a case, as well as offer possible defense strategies to assist you should the case go to trial. Our specialized medical expert witness services can strengthen your case so that you can achieve the best possible outcome.
- Initial evaluation of the merit of your case
- Expert medical witness services
- Access to specialty medical and dental experts
- And much more!
Do you need help putting together a strong case for your dental or medical malpractice claim? Call us today at 1-800-225-5363.